Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chillin'

JUL. 7

ESPANAAAAAA. Gewinner. A little while ago, the big match between Germany and Spain was concluded when Germany did not get any goals. And Spain had gotten one. That's good because I was cheering for Spain. There is a bit of a rivalry between Austria and Germany, so I think a lot of Austrians were rooting for Spain. Now it will be the Netherlands vs. Spain, but I think Spain will win.

Today was a lazy day, but lazy days are probably the best days in this beautiful country. I spent the morning reading in the garden, after a delicious breakfast again. Only this time grandma had crescent rolls and a croissant.

In the afternoon, I moved strategically around the house and garden some more, until finally deciding to skip the barbeque at Christa's school in favor of a run (about 17:00). I ran down the stairs down the steep hill toward Linz, and then on a park path that runs a long ways along the Blue Danube river. I only ran about half the time, but it was very scenic and lots of others were out enjoying the day like me. I think I will return to that park.

When I came home, I took a dip in the stand up pool in the garden and then we watched the semifinal soccer match in the theater. Like, I said, Spain won. Hoorah!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Emma,
    Glad to hear that your team won in soccer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sister. You missed out on a fun family reunion. Eat plenty of bacon dumplings for me!!
    -Your Brother

    ReplyDelete