Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mit der Classe


Grandma's "house" through the doorways from the dining room.


As far as I can tell, this is like bacon but thinner and not cooked. Ö. It's really good :).



The breakfast spread in grandma's floor that she put out for me this morning.

^^whole wheat, rye, crescent breads; raisin sweetbreads; almond torte; eggs and salami; bacon stuff and green peppers; ham and swiss cheese and tomatoes; juice; homemade jam & honey; sweet fruity tea.


JUL. 6

Today I got to meet some Austrian students!! I got up early enough, and met Christa and her French class at the bus station. We went on a treasure hunt around Hauptplatz, the central square, and then down Landstrasse (the main street with shops). I was on a team with two little girls, a boy, and then Leni and Astrid. They were very nice and tried to translate into English as much as they could. I enjoyed it so much I went back to the school with them and we all got chocolate for prizes and they cleaned up from their overnight. Then we said goodbye.

For the rest of the day, I hung around. Until 7:30pm, when Christa and I went to an orchestra ensemble concert in the square of the governor of Upper Austria's office. It was beautiful, and the players were fluent in the music. We didn't get home until a little after 10:00.

When we got home, I went downstairs where Manuel and Konstantine and some friends were watching the soccer match. Then we watched "Two and a Half Men", which I guess is pretty popular here, and then a movie. It was 1:30 when I went to sleep. Poor Konstantine had school in the morning! I woke up around 8 though despite the late night, because it was a beautiful day.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you find an opportunity to report on the famous Linzertorte

    ReplyDelete
  2. "As far as I can tell, this is like bacon but thinner and not cooked."

    Could be Prosciutto or Westfälischer Schinken. They may call it by a different name on Austria.

    ReplyDelete