Sunday, July 4, 2010

Flight


Hallo! I don't speak much German, and imagine that, it's the main language spoken here. I get along well by smiling and nodding though. And many people do speak English.

My flight connections all went very well. First, I flew from Minneapolis to Toronto. I met a girl who is studying Archaelogy and was flying to Israel. It was cool because, after unboarding, easily finding my gate, and exchanging some American $ for Canadian $, I went to eat at the


Toronto food court ^

found court and saw her there. So we passed a good three quarters of an hour talking (she is in Chicago, but grew up in Minneapolis, so we had a lot to talk about). It was at Toronto that I began noticing all the German-speakers.

At Frankfurt, the connection was almost even easier, even though I had to get another boarding pass. I was concerned about my luggage, but turns out it transferred too, and I guess it said that right on my luggage pass that listed the luggage destinations. In Frankfurt, all the checkins were electronic, which
scared me a little. However, you only have to scan in your passport and type your flight details in and, voila, a perfect boarding pass prints out. Then, I spent my first Euros on an overpriced and disgusting fruit drink.

At Linz, everyone spoke German. I waited for my luggage, and talked briefly to a girl returning from a Rotary trip to Australia. Once I had that, I went outside and Christa was waiting for me.


Germany/ Austria from the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment