Saturday, July 10, 2010

no title

JUL. 9

July 9! I can't believe that! This morning I had breakfast with grandma again and it was delicious as usual. At about 11am I walked downtown to shop, but had no luck in finding the thing I was looking for. It was hotter than I expected it to be and the new shoes I bought turned out to be much smaller and more painful than I also expected.

On my journey, I again visited the park by the Danube. It was nice to sit in the shade and take off my shoes. Many students were enjoying the day there because it was their final day of school and they were done for the year.

When I finally returned from the area, it was early afternoon so we had lunch and then ate ice cream and lay in the garden. I fell asleep on the chair.

The afternoon whizzed by and there was a party in the evening. One of Konstantin's friends turned 18 so they had a big party. I decided not to attend (it was in the basement), since I speak poor German, didn't know anyone at the party, and had no experience around drinking at parties (18 is the legal drinking age here which is why they had the party).

Instead, Christa and I watched "Philadelphia", an older movie about a gay lawyer in Philadelphia with AIDS. It was very sad. We were done at almost midnight. Then I started "True Lies" with Arnold Schwazennager but got too tired and went to bed.

JUL.10

What- it's July 10 already?! Hahaha. I woke up at 8 this morning and decided to go back to sleep. It was 10:30 when I woke again. Then I got ready and had a late breakfast/early lunch in the kitchen.

I spent the next few hours looking for a store in Linz, which ended up not having what I wanted. I also layed by the river again and crossed to the other side to explore there. Then I bought some ice cream in Hauptplatz where there was part of the Ritterfest going on. The Ritterfest is like our Rennaissance festival, only spread out in about 5 places in Linz, and made for little children instead. It was mostly for little kids so I didn't hang around there too much.

Today is very warm so I think I will go swimming now.

1 comment: