Monday, July 12, 2010

The winner of the world cup: SPAIN :)




JUL. 10

Slept in, relaxed, went to the park and walked around...
In the evening we had a grill out on a porch that I didn't know existed until now! It was very good- grilled chicken and salad and baked potato halves.

JUL. 11

Same as yesterday, but I went for more of a walk to get some exercise. The weather here is just sweltry, and many people were down by the river swimming on the beaches. I should've brought my swimsuit. However, I came back and swam in the garden instead.

We grilled out again, this time we had pork and lamb. YUM.

After that, some of Konstantine's friends and a couple of Manuel's friends came over and we all watched the game in the basement. It was fun. A lot of Konstantine's friends were cheering for the Netherlands, but we were not and were very happy when Spain (finally) scored a goal. Katarina? (I never catch anyone's name here, they always speak too fast) and I just laughed at Nelson Mandela in the crowd and Puyol's hair :p. And of course, now A. Iniesta is a hero-- "Dani Jarque siempre con nosotros" :'(... aber YAAAA.


Here is the trail that leads behind the Wänke's garden down to the city of Linz. It is
quite a climb, or descent, depending which direction you are going. Also, there is to the left in this picture an overlook that is almost directly over the street and you can look out across the Danube to the hills and the castle.


I tried to capture the pretty flowers that grow everywhere. This is in the park, by the Blue Danube.


This is the trail I have walked almost every day, down along the Danube.


6 comments:

  1. Sweltry - no reference results
    No results found for sweltry
    Please try spelling the word differently, searching another resource, or typing a new word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a word. Btw, who are you?


    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sweltry

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get one guess, and the first one doesn't count.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone from the newspaper...

    Uh, or, Schwaderers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are there that many people in your life who would fit the description of 'Onkel Exzentrisch'?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH.... hahaha I doubt you will check this again, but I think I just figured you out :). It's all this college, it's working my brain!

    I appreciate the anonymity though :p.

    ReplyDelete